surface 4 Ha
144 pitches 26 rentals
La Reine Mathilde, your 4 stars with swimming pool
This 3-Star Campsite in Normandy is nestled in a lush green setting, 4 kilometres from the sea. It is the perfect location to discover the D-Day Beaches and the famous Bayeux Tapestry. The team of the Queen Mathilde Campsite in Etreham will know how to welcome you by offering you cared-for pitches, mobile-homes for rent and chalet…
Come and discover our out-of-the-ordinary accommodations in Normandy too.
TYPES OF ACCOMMODATION AT THE REINE MATHILDE
The Reine Mathilde campsite offers different types of accommodation, such as mobile homes or original rentals like in our Pods!
REINE MATHILDE CAMPSITE SERVICES
- Bread and pastry: at the bar every morning from 8:30. Bread and Viennoiserie are sold. You can order cakes to celebrate special events. To be ordered from the bar before 7pm the day before for a delivery from 8:30 the day after. Bread is kept till 12:30.
- SNACK: large choice of take-away food (steaks, French fries, sausages, spicy merguez sausages, quiche, pizza…). Roast chicken to be ordered from the bar, before 7pm, the day before.
- SWIMMING-POOL: the rules are displayed at the entrance. Bathers are expected to walk through the footbath before entering the swimming-pool area and to have a shower. The toilets are at the back of the swimming-pool. In our swimming-pool, it is compulsory to wear swimming trunks. Wearing shorts is not allowed. We decline all responsibility in case of loss or steal of any valuable item or of accident. The swimming-pool is strictly reserved to the clients who registered at the reception.
- ANIMATIONS: All our animations (a different animation every day) are announced on our notice boards for the whole week (from Monday to Friday). No activities on Saturdays and Sundays. A few examples of the animations we offer: pétanque, table tennis and volley-ball competitions, karaoke, dance evening, games, etc.
- BAR: Hot and cold drinks, ice-creams, sweets. TV and pool.
- LAUNDRY: Tokens are sold at the bar. Washing machine, tumble-dryer and washing powder.
- MINI-MARKET: At the bar, for the day-to-day essentials. Dairy products, drinks (water, wine, cider), cooked meats, grocery and a few household goods.
- TOURISM: You will find all the documentation to discover the various sites in Calvados at the reception.
- VISITORS: You are on a private property. This is the reason why and for everybody’s safety that visitors must be announced. They are allowed to use all the facilities under their own responsibility. Any non-registered visitors who are on the premises will be immediately expelled. Only the vehicles belonging to the campers staying at our campsite can be driven there.
- PAYMENT: Bank transfers and credit card payments are accepted.
- SERVICES: Isabelle and Jacques welcome you from 1st April to 30th September. At Queen Mathilde Campsite in Normandy, located at the heart of the tour of the D-Day Beaches (6th June 1944), you will benefit many services.
ON THE CAMPSITE
The campsite also has a large pitch where you can practice football.
KIDS’ CLUB: AU BONHEUR DES PETITS KID’S PARADISE
The heated swimming-pool
OMAHA BEACH MEMORIAL MUSEUM
The Omaha Beach Memorial Museum in Saint-Laurent-sur-Mer, Normandy, located 7 kilometres from the Reine Mathilde campsite, was inaugurated to immortalise the memory and respect of all those who landed on Omaha Beach in Normandy. It was designed to preserve the memory of all those young people who died in 1944 on D-DAY, and for whom we owe it to them to keep these memories alive so that the younger generations will never forget the price we got for our freedom.
360° ROTATING MUSEUM AT ARROMANCHES
SAEM Arromanches 360 located 12 kilometres from the Reine Mathilde campsite, was built from the support of the Normandy Regional Council as part of the 15 th Anniversary of the Normandy D-Day landings. You can experience watching an exceptional movie "The Freedom Award" broadcast on 9 screens in a circular room. This film combines unpublished archive footage filmed in June 1944 by war correspondents and current images shot in the exact locations in Arromanches, returned to peace today.
BATTERY IN LONGUES
A major work along the Atlantic Wall, the Longues-sur-Mer coastal defence battery in Normandy, located 12 kilometres from the Reine Mathilde campsite, includes a fire command post and four casemates, each housing a 150 mm artillery piece. Located in the heart of the Allied Assault Sector, at the top of a cliff overlooking the English Channel, it played a strategic role during the landing of the Allied Forces on the 6 th of June 6, 1944.
A 70-hectare cemetery in Normandy, located at 8 kilometres from the Reine Mathilde campsite, overlooks Omaha beach. It has 9,387 perfectly aligned white Lasa marble crosses. A chapel and a memorial dedicated to the young Americans complete this memorial ensemble. There is a "Normandy Visitors Center" interpretative centre on American-owned land on Norman soil and is under the chairmanship of Mr. Barack Obama. It is in memory of all those young people who died in 1944 during the D-Day landings, and for whom we owe to keep these memories alive so that the younger generations will never forget the price of freedom.
François Mitterrand inaugurated the Caen Memorial in Normandy, located 35 kilometres from the Reine Mathilde campsite, on The 6th of June 1988. It is the museum marking the history of the twentieth century. From an innovative and emotionally charged scenography, this City of History for Peace offers a journey through history as well as a reflection on the future through three main museum focuses: international tensions and the Second World War, the Cold War as well as the theme of peace.
In addition to its historic mission, the Caen Memorial seeks to demonstrate the fragility and the demands of peace and human rights.